Sri Sampat Vinayagar Temple was one of the tourists attractive places in Visakhapatnam. Lord Sri Sampat Vinayagar was situated in a place located in the compound of M/s. S.G. Sambandan, Asilmetta. The temple was built by Sri T.S. Rajeswaran, Sri T.S. Selvaganesan and late Sri S.G. sambandan with the funds. There is the great belief among the devotees that their sins are fade off and wishes are fulfilled by offering prayers to the Lord. The temple was constructed in the year 1962. During that, the local fishermen used to offer prayers and vows every day before going to their daily business. After five years the Paramacharya of Kanchi his holiness Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati reconsecrated by placing “Sri Ganapathi Yantra” with his own hands. The Sampath Vinayaka temple became popular when admiral Krishnan, in-charge of Eastern Naval Command, broke 1001 coconuts to the Sampath Vinayaka for saving Visakhapatnam from the Pakistani attack in 1971 December when its submarine Ghazi sank off the coast here.
The Vinayaka Chaturthi was celebrating 9days every year on a grand scale, with separate alankaram on each day in different avatharams. During this festival days in the August or September ANNAPRASADA VITHARANA (poor feeding) is arranged.